Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cherry Upside Down Cake

This is a super easy recipe and people absolutely LOVE it. This recipe was given to me when I was in Jr. High by my neighbor Debbie Guinn.

I always keep these ingredients on hand for a funeral dinner or when I need to make a meal to take to someone..it always adds a nice touch to have dessert! Sometimes if I am making a meal for a 1 or 2 person house I will just split the recipe into my two 6x6 glass baking dishes and then keep one for dessert at my house too!

Cherry Upside Down Cake
1 stick butter
2 cans pie cherries
1 yellow cake mix

Melt butter.

Spread 2 cans of cherries on the bottom of a glass baking dish.

Mix cake mix and butter in a mixing dish. Crumble together (I use my hands)

Crumble cake mix over top of cherries.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment