Sunday, February 13, 2011

Southern Baked Ravioli

This recipe is from my little sister Julie who lives in Georgia, hence the reason I call it southern baked! We absolutely love this dish!

When I am making this for others I typically deliver it with a bag of salad, italian dressing, garlic bread and a dessert. This recipe can also be mixed together and then frozen. I always get this to the baking stage and then write the directions up for how to bake it...it's always better hot from the oven!

Southern Baked Ravioli

16 oz frozen ravioli
1 med onion chopped
6 garlic cloved chopped or pressed
1 med gren pepper chopped
spaghetti sauce (I like hunts 3 cheese)
2 cups mozarella cheese
fresh parmasian cheese
1 1/2 cup water

Brown onions, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil or butter. Add sauce $ 1 1/2 cup water and mix together. Add ravioli and cook for about 5 minutes.

Place 1/2 mixture in pan, cover with mozarella and parm. Place other half on top and do the same.

Bake for 30 minutes at 375 or 400 or until cheese is melted & slightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment